The Energy Management Institute and the Trakia University – Stara Zagora organize on May 12th, 2022, 10:30 – 13:30 hrs. seminar – discussion “Clean Energy, Decarbonization, and Investments in the Energy Sector”. The event will be held on the premises of the Trakia University at Stara Zagora.
The forum will provide expert discussion on the critical aspects of the development of the Maritsa East Power Complex, that are seen through the prism of the power generation sector in the context of the national and European policies based on actual facts and events.
- Decarbonization of the Bulgarian economy;
- Recovery and Resilience Plan of the Republic of Bulgaria
- Energy security and investments (concrete investments proposal; the future of the state-owned and private power plants, grid development, utilization of alternative power sources etc.)
- Envisioned national and regional measures
- Vision for the necessary next steps of the authorities and the potential of a proactive position by the business, NGO and other civil society representatives.
There will be invited representatives of the national authorities (members of the parliament from the Stara Zagora region, Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Labor and Social Policy, Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Environment and Waters, Stara Zagora Regional Governor), as well as representatives of the business and business associations, local mayors, trade unions, experts, media..
10:30 – 10:45 – Opening
- Slavtcho Neykov, Chairman, Energy Management Institute
- Ass. Prof. Dobri Yarkov, Rector, Trakia University Stara Zagora
10:45 – 12:00 Intriductory Panel
- Slavtcho Neykov, Energy Management Institute – presentation of the European and national energy aspects, Recovery and Resilience Plan, legal aspects, open questions
- Ivan Tzankov and Krassimir Nenov, AmCham Bulgaria – Power Sector Decarbonization Study presentation
- Boyan Rashev, Managing Partner, denkstatt Bulgaria
12:00 – 13:30 – Discussion
13:30 – Closing
To attend in person at the event at Stara Zagora, please send an email to: diyana.stoyanova(at)emi-bg.com or violetka.zheleva(at)trakia-uni.bg by May 5th, 2022 (Thursday).
The registration is free of charge.